USB2ATA - USB2IDE- USB2CF
to interface with a hard disk
( HDD )
How to connect a hard disk or a Compact Flash Card to CY7C68013A-128
Board or CY7C68013A-128
An example application of the development board.
- Connect hard disk with ribbon cable to IDE port of FX2LP Board.
- Download the firmware:
Choose between the following options:
Download the firmware "cy4611___high_speed_usb_to_ata_15.zip".
Use this local copy because the file is now longer available from the
The target file for the EEPROM upload is "fx2_ata.iic".
Option 2 (newer version):
Download "FX2LP_ATA.zip" (~20 MByte) for CY4611b from cypress.com.
Here the target files are "cy4611b_AT2_PINOUT.iic" or "cy4611b_AT2_PINOUT_STANDBY.iic".
(*.iic files are in cy4611b_AT2_PINOUT.zip)
The standby version powers the device, e.g. hard disk, down after plug
off from usb line.
- Unzip the files.
- Unplug EEPROM jumper (open).
- Connect board via USB cable to the PC.
- Load Cypress Tool "CyConsole" from development kit
- Plug EEPROM jumper (shorten).
- Program e.g. upload "fx2_ata.iic" or "cy4611b_AT2_PINOUT_STANDBY.iic"
to EEPROM using "EZ-USB interface"
application (button "Lg EEPROM")
- Disconnect and reconnect USB cable of board or just press RESET button.
- Only if there is a HDD connected (as master) to the board, the onboard red hard disk
led flashes shortly and a new disk drive is available and you can
access the disk contents via Explorer or any other file manager
- If you have Windows98 or MacOS you need to download a system driver